PRINT -VS- EBOOKS EXPLAINED
The difference between getting your printed book and having an electronic book can be confusing for the new Author. A new Author often perceives themselves as professional if they have a printed copy to hold in their hand, e-books are often perceived as a pipeline dream that is out in the world floating around!
Perception is 9/10ths of the law when it comes what you believe you can achieve. e-books is the best way to start to test the market, but for the serious author who is going to market their book and promote themselves as an author, both e-book and print is the only way to go regardless if the marketing is only internet marketing or public author presence! Who wants to do anything less than that! After all you are contributing to the world’s knowledge and enhancing the lives of our fellow human beings and the more people you reach the better for all of humanity, right?
Printed books are available in bookstores worldwide when you publish with us. e-Books are only available on the online retailers. At present, 60% of all books sold worldwide are now e-Books. Some readers still prefer the printed book, some readers need a printed book, depending on the type of book it is.
Often an author who specialises in a particular subject is perceived as a experienced professional in their field will promote themselves and services using their book as a add on benefit to their seminars, courses and conferences. This is where you can create the enthusiasm to readers to purchase on the spot and printed books are essential. Online readers will still purchase your book regardless.
- Save our environment and forests
- There is no lag because of production timelines
- Your reader gets immediate satisfaction and access to your book
- Specialist retailers like Amazon rate and review your books, depending on sales rankings
- Library lending services to friends and family – an added sale to you
- Lots of retailers of e-books on the internet, therefore more exposure
- Printed on Sustainable Forestry Initiative® paper
- Books produced when order placed
- No storage costs
- No book returns from bookstores
- No upfront printing cost outlay
- Author can order copies at discounted rate for own sale and use