STEP BY STEP GUIDE FOR AUTHORS
So you have decided to write a book. Where do you start? First download our Author Publishing Guide and keep on reading below:
This is our general guide on writing a book.
- Decide on the time that you are going allocate to writing, e.g. once per day, one day per week etc.
- First set a deadline of when you think you can complete your book. It is imperative to make yourself accountable to completing the book.
- Decide what sort of market/s your readers will be and design your writing around those market/s.
- Create the structure of your book:
- Create bullet list of the topics you would like to cover to create chapters.
- Expand each chapter into a single subject or several subjects/storyline that relate to each other or flows.
- Expand each subject into words. Don’t worry about how perfect each chapter is at this stage.
- Edit each chapter so the words flow and the context is correct.
- Remember to be friendly and talk to your readers. Don’t use sayings that readers in other countries won’t understand.
- Proof read your book and possibly get other friends and family to do the same.
- Locate stock images or obtain royalty images from popular websites or your own images.
- Look for an author support group in your local area/state/country and become a member. There are fabulous support groups around for hints and tips to encourage and help you become an author for the first time and fellow members can provide a wealth of knowledge and great feedback.
- Create a writing environment, such as a special desk in a quieter place of the home or office; or at some location you can enjoy and let your creative juices flow.
- We suggest that you don’t work on your book without a winning plan, accountability, feedback and a support group.
- Remember to have:
- Be prepared to select your publisher and jointly decide on a publication release date so that you can now prepare your Book Marketing Plan.
Remember it takes time for the following processes:
• Manuscript submission, reading and approval
• Agreement signing and acceptance
• Services payment
• Book Marketing plan
• Publisher’s editing proofreading
• Author’s acceptance of editing and proofreading
• Image Insertion
• Cover Design
• Proof copy sent to Author
• Book Trailers
• Online Author web site setup
• Online Social Media setup
• Media Releases
• Publication registration
• Publication Release